Friday, April 29, 2011

I Wish


There were moments when I
Had wished upon a star
And that wish came true for me

But once when I
Had wished upon a star
The star flew down to me

It was then that I
Had wished away my wish
And sat by the lonesome star

The star was lonely
And the star was sad
For its home was round and vast

And when the star would cry
And a cloud passed by
I would wipe its tears away

And then time passed
Like each moment was the last
And we were lovers star cross't

But the night grew wary
It was time for day
And the sky began to sway

First a blue then a grey
Then orange o'er the bay
That licked the shadows away

The star was caught
At the birth of day
It panicked and grew distraught

I stopped to think
And said with a wink
'Everyday is swallowed by night'

The star kissed my cheek
With an ice blue streak
And threw itself to the dark

It was home it was safe
But lonely as a waif
It twinkled without a spark

Soon it was night
But the sky had changed
The ink-blots faced the wrong way

I was home, I was lost
Under an ocean of light
I was a castaway

There was a time when I
Had wished upon a star
And the star came down to me

That the wrong I wrought
I may one day right
I now wish upon the night

I wish I may
I wish I might
Get my wish tonight

1 comment: